Tug Valley Chamber of Commerce, Home of the World’s Famous Coal House2nd Avenue and Court St., P.O. Box 376, Williamson
On the National Register of Historic Places the world famous Coal House was built in 1933 as a result of an idea by O.W. Evans, then manager of the N & W Railways Fuel Department. By using 65 tons of coal from the multi-million dollar seams surrounding this bustling southern West Virginia town. The Tug Valley Chamber of Commerce & Williamson Convention and Visitors Bureau are housed in the world famous Coal House.