Featured Destinations and DealsFrom snowy ATV excursions to frozen waterfall trails, West Virginia is made for everyone. This winter, confront the cold with epic adventures in charming mountain towns. In Almost Heaven, you’ll make warm memories no matter the weather.
A getaway that is basically gift-wrapped.
Legendary adventures await in Stonewall Country. Discover delectable dishes infused with Appalachian flare. Nestle yourself in nature. Explore rich history and culture—a wintry escape is just at your fingertips.
Nestled on 1900+ acres of frosty landscapes, the world-class Stonewall Resort hosts magical getaways from the hustle and bustle.
Offering all-in-one packages, the resort is making it easier than ever to retreat to Almost Heaven. From the exciting events – like dueling pianos and dinner shows – to its cozy lodge and lakeside cabins, you’re in for an experience unlike any other.
An Uncrowded and Hidden Gem
West Virginia is within a day’s drive of the East Coast’s major cities, yet remains an uncrowded and hidden gem. Let these destinations help you find your way.
- ACE Adventure Resort
- Charleston Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB)
- Colder temperatures. Warmer memories.
- Greenbrier County Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB)
- Harman’s Luxury Log Cabins
- Hatfield-McCoy Trail Systems
- Huntington Area Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB)
- Mercer County Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB)
- New River Gorge Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB)
- Pocahontas County Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB)
- Ski the Valley
- Small Towns, Big Fun
- Snowshoe Mountain
- Southern West Virginia’s National Park
- Timberline Mountain
- Travel Berkeley Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB)
- Traveling to West Virginia is A Breeze
- Tucker County Convention and Visitor’s Bureau (CVB)
- Visit Mountaineer Country Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB)
- Visit Southern West Virginia Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB)
- West Virginia Division of Natural Resources
- West Virginia State Parks
Scroll For More
Get back to what matters
Here, you’ll learn West Virginia is the only state completely within the Appalachian Mountain Range, making it the perfect place to unwind and get back to what matters. What are you waiting for?
Send Me Exclusive Deals & Partner Updates
You and Your Special Someone’s Valentine’s Day Date in West Virginia
Impressing your significant other on Valentine’s Day is made easy in Almost Heaven. Whether you want to get outside in nature or explore a …Read More
The Perfect 48-Hours on Snowshoe Mountain
Snowshoe Mountain in Pocahontas County is one of the most unique destinations in Almost Heaven. The second-highest elevation at just over 4…Read More
These Off-Roading Trails Are Even Better in Winter
If you like catching some speed or kicking up dirt with your ATV, you will love blazing through the powdery snow in West Virginia this wint…Read More
3 Must-Visit Destinations for Snow Tubing in West Virginia
Are you on a quest to hit the slopes at higher speeds? If so, maybe it’s time to give that old sled a break and hop on a snow tube in West …Read More
Start 2024 Off Strong With These 4 West Virginia Adventures
In West Virginia, New Year means new adventures! Whether you have written your New Year’s resolutions in stone or you’re just going wit…Read More
5 Must-Try Winter Activities in West Virginia
Winter adventures in Almost Heaven will get your heart pumping no matter where you are in West Virginia. Take advantage of the variety of e…Read More
Hit the Slopes After Dark: Night Skiing in WV
West Virginia is the southeast’s prime destination for skiing and snowboarding and the only way to make it better is to experience it at ni…Read More
Plan A Year of Adventure with our 2024 Bucket List
Kick-off 2024 with an Almost Heaven adventure! Home to all four seasons, endless activity options can be found year-round in West Virginia….Read More