The James Wylie House Bed and Breakfast208 East Main Street, White Sulphur Springs
An early 19th century home (circa 1819) and log cabin (circa 1794.) Offering private baths, air conditioning and sumptuous breakfast served at the convenience of our guests. Children are welcome!
The James Wylie House is located in the village of White Sulphur Springs at the base of the Allegheny Mountains. Built in 1819 for the Greenbrier Pioneer, Richard Dickson, the property evolved from a working farm of over 1300 acres to a boarding house. Fully restored and placed on the National Registry of Historic Homes in 1990, the B&B continues its long history of hosting travelers. Our rooms welcome guests with wonderful antiques and views of the beautiful mountains which surround us. Close to state parks and rivers which offer many outdoor adventures. Located just down the street from the renowned Greenbrier Resort, we offer convenient lodging for travelers on business. We host retreats for groups of up to 10 persons.
For nearly 200 years, this beautiful home has hosted the many travelers visiting the Spa City, golfing the many renowned courses, and hiking in the surrounding State and National Forests. Built in 1819 by master builder John Dunn, the house began life as a farmhouse commanding over 1,300 acres of land.
Fully restored, the house and cabin were place on the National Register of Historic Homes in 1990.