Try These 5 Farm-To-Table Dinners
It’s farm-to-table season in West Virginia, and there are a number of farms, restaurants and shops that highlight local farmers and produce. Explore these farm-to-table meals for a true taste of Almost Heaven.
1. J.Q. Dickinson Salt-Works: This 7th generation salt-making family harvests an all-natural salt by hand from an ancient ocean trapped below the Appalachian Mountains of the Kanawha Valley in West Virginia. They host seasonal dinners featuring Appalachian chefs who create dishes with Appalachian ingredients.
2. Gritt’s Farm: The Buffalo farm focuses on locally grown, farm fresh products. They host four course meals on the farm with featured guest chefs who create a dining experience with a seasonal harvest.
3. Fish Hawk Acres: Fish Hawk Acres dinners showcase a variety of fresh culinary delights. Guests get a tour of the farm and live entertainment included with the seasonal gourmet dinner. Experience unique dishes made with ingredients on the farm in Rock Cave.
4. Hill & Hollow: This Morgantown restaurant creates global cuisine from locally grown ingredients. They host a number of farm-to-table dinners throughout the season, including ones that focus on paw paws, ramps and more.
5. Capitol Market: This nonprofit market raises money through farm-to-table dinners that are themed and include hors d’oeuvres, drinks and four courses.Find more Farm To Table Dining
This post was last updated on August 5, 2020