- Running along the Little Kanawha River from Mineral Wells to Flatwoods, the Little Kanawha Byway takes travelers through rustic farmlands and quaint rural towns.
- A motorcycle favorite, the windy Midland Trail spans the width of Southern West Virginia and features plenty of history, recreation, and scenery along the way.
- Span the width of the northern part of the state along the Northwestern Turnpike from Parkersburg to Capon bridge. This trek along Route 50 features numerous state parks, breweries, and small town charm.
- Wind through the wilderness of Webster County along the Mountaineer Parkway. This curvy stretch of road connects the small communities of Cleveland and Hacker Valley, crossing the state’s second-largest state park, Holly River.
- For a unique topographical experience, the Staunton-Parkersburg Turnpike from Parkersburg to Elkins exposes riders to mountain vistas, dense forests, small historic towns, and working farms.