These West Virginia mac & cheese dishes are the cheesiest
It is only fitting that this American classic has a day of its own. Celebrated on July 14, national macaroni and cheese day is the perfect excuse to indulge in the warm and cheesy noodle dish. Lucky for you, West Virginia also loves their mac and cheese. Home to many restaurants, and two annual mac and cheese festivals, there is no shortage of the good stuff in this state.
Best Mac & Cheese eateries
No matter where you are in the state there is sure to be some tasty mac and cheese nearby.
- The Dish Café – If you are in the New River-Greenbrier Valley region looking for this American delicacy, The Dish Café located in Daniels, has some of the best mac and cheese in the area! Specializing in fresh and local farm to table ingredients, you can add a side of mac and cheese to any meal.
- Secret Sandwich Society – It is no secret that Secret Sandwich Society serves up some tasty dishes. But one of their secrets may be their mac and cheese. Located in Fayetteville, this is the perfect stop after a day of adventuring.
- Later Alligator – Nestled in the Northern Panhandle, this Wheeling eatery adds a fun twist to the classic noodle dish. You can enjoy your mac and cheese the traditional way or on a sandwich piled high with mac and cheese, pulled pork, and sautéed onion served on grilled Italian bread.
- Huntington Ale House – While known for their craft brews, steaks, and seafood, this Huntington restaurant offers 10 different mac & cheese dishes. These creations range from pepperoni pizza mac and cheese to the salmon and broccoli mac and cheese. There is sure to be a mac and cheese creation you will love!
- Dem 2 Brothers – Recently featured in Southern Livings best mac and cheese in your state article, Dem 2 Brothers was the pick for West Virginia! Starting off as roadside stand, this Charleston eatery now has two restaurants and food trucks bringing West Virginia some of the tastiest southern comfort food.
Mac & Cheese Festivals
Come hungry, and leave happy! Check out one of these awesome festivals and help decide who really makes the best mac and cheese.
- Mac and Cheese Cook-off – This annual cook-off takes place in the Capitol city. Bring the whole family down to partake in this fun festival, help to decide the best of the best!
- Mac and Brews – Previously called Mac and Cheese Cook-off, this Morgantown festival is preparing for its debut as Mac and Brews. There will still be the cook-off aspect like previous years, but creators of the event plan to incorporate local alcohol distributors as part of this year’s festival.
Who makes your cheesiest dish?
This post was last updated on August 3, 2020