FESTIVALS & EVENTS
Summer Festivals & Events
Fairs and festivals are part of what make the summer season in Almost Heaven so memorable. Mark down a few of these on your calendar – you won’t want to miss them!
- West Virginia Strawberry Festival, Buckhannon: This strawberry festival has been delighting folks from near and far for nearly 80 years. With eight days of festival fun, you can expect to find arts and craft exhibits, quilt shows, photography shows, live entertainment, car shows and more.
- Martinsburg Wine Fest, Martinsburg: The Martinsburg Wine Fest brings together amazing wineries, great music and tasty food that is sure to please the palate; all while surrounded by the beauty of the historic Boydville mansion.
- Mountain Music Festival, Oak Hill: The Mountain Music Festival at ACE Adventure Resort features over 25 bands on a beautiful mountaintop stage along with a few thousand of your closest friends. Plus, tasty food, creative vendors, mind-blowing visual artists, fun workshops and glorious camping. This is Appalachia’s destination music festival featuring outdoor adventures alongside your favorite music.
- Lewisburg Chocolate Festival, Lewisburg: Visit the annual Lewisburg Chocolate Festival where more than 40 chocolate vendors from around the country share their chocolate delicacies while celebrity chefs demonstrate some exciting desserts and dishes.
- FestivALL, Charleston: Each June, FestivALL turns Charleston into a work of art with music, visual art, dance, theater and family fun!
- Contemporary American Theater Festival, Shepherdstown: The Contemporary American Theater Festival produces the newest plays in America, in the oldest town in West Virginia. Discover the ultimate theater experience in historic Shepherdstown.
- Mountain State Art and Craft Fair, Ripley: This annual festival on 4th of July weekend has a little bit of something for everyone. It features incredible artisans, Appalachian music and delicious food.
- Ripley’s 4th of July Celebration, Ripley: If you’re in town for Ripley’s Mountain State Art and Craft Fest, you have to experience their Fourth of July which has been billed as “America’s Largest Small Town Independence Celebration.”
- Upper Ohio Valley Italian Festival, Wheeling: This Italian heritage festival combines good food with good people. It’s the undisputed granddaddy of outdoor festivals in this area of the country and one of the largest in West Virginia.
- State Fair, Lewisburg: No summer celebration would be complete without the State Fair of West Virginia. It has everything you’d imagine – carnival games, live music, fantastic food, livestock shows and more!
- Spartan Race, Glen Jean: Spartan is the global leader in obstacle course racing and each year they bring challenges to the Summit Bechtel Reserve in Glen Jean. Adventure seekers & adrenaline junkies – this event is for you!
Scenic Drives through Almost Heaven
Sightsee from the comfort of your car with these six scenic drives through the mountains of West Virginia. Historic National Road (15.7 mile…Read More
WV Themed Crafts To Do With Your Kids: Turn Simple Rocks into Works of Art
Painting rocks is a fun activity for kids of all ages. It’s a simple way to get outside and use creativity at the same time. Project Supp…Read More
Top 5 Places to Breathe In That Fresh Mountain Air
Escape the hustle and bustle of the city. Discover a newfound adventure in the outdoors. Find wide open spaces to explore. These five places…Read More
Discover the natural wonder of Almost Heaven at these destinations
Exploring new and beautiful places is always an incredible adventure. Home to some of the most impressive parks and public lands east of the…Read More
Blaze a Trail in Almost Heaven
West Virginia is filled with untouched, wide-open public land. With six national parks, 45 state parks and forest and endless opportunity fo…Read More
7 movies to cure your cabin fever
Looking for a good movie to watch? We’ve got some we think you might like: October Sky – Based on the best-selling book, “Rocket Bo…Read More
Read through Almost Heaven
Now is the perfect time to unplug and unwind in the Mountain State. Below are a few books to get you started. The Classics T…Read More
5 ways to get your workout in outside
Don’t let the indoors get you down. As the spring season gears up with warmer weather, get outside, soak in the extra vitamin D and explore….Read More