FESTIVALS & EVENTSFairs and festivals are part of what make the summer season in Almost Heaven so memorable. Mark down a few of these on your calendar – you won’t want to miss them!
Summer tastes a lot like funnel cakes and live music in the Mountain State, where fairs and festivals take place each month. From streets filled with one-of-a-kind works of art to spirited Fourth of July celebrations, the only challenge will be penciling them all into your calendar. To help inspire you, check out this list of festivals and events taking place this summer in Almost Heaven:
- FestivALL, Charleston: Each June, FestivALL turns Charleston into a work of art with music, visual art, dance, theater and family fun!
- Contemporary American Theater Festival, Shepherdstown: The Contemporary American Theater Festival produces the newest plays in America, in the oldest town in West Virginia. Discover the ultimate theater experience in historic Shepherdstown.
- Mountain State Art and Craft Fair, Ripley: This annual festival on 4th of July weekend has a little bit of something for everyone. It features incredible artisans, Appalachian music and delicious food.
- Ripley’s 4th of July Celebration, Ripley: If you’re in town for Ripley’s Mountain State Art and Craft Fest, you have to experience their Fourth of July which has been billed as “America’s Largest Small Town Independence Celebration.”
- Upper Ohio Valley Italian Festival, Wheeling: This Italian heritage festival combines good food with good people. It’s the undisputed granddaddy of outdoor festivals in this area of the country and one of the largest in West Virginia.
- State Fair, Lewisburg: No summer celebration would be complete without the State Fair of West Virginia. It has everything you’d imagine – carnival games, live music, fantastic food, livestock shows and more!
- Spartan Race, Glen Jean: Spartan is the global leader in obstacle course racing and each year they bring challenges to the Summit Bechtel Reserve in Glen Jean. Adventure seekers & adrenaline junkies – this event is for you!
Travelers are encouraged to check the status of individual events and businesses before embarking on their trip.
Almost Heaven After Dark
As the glowing autumn moon shines down on West Virginia, the state comes alive with activities—both spooky and mystical alike. Whether yo…Read More
Explore New Heights: Reaching the Seneca Rocks Peak
If you’re looking to explore at higher elevations, a massive rocky ridge awaits you–Seneca Rocks. This well-known and well-loved roc…Read More
Scenic Drives through Almost Heaven
Sightsee from the comfort of your car with these six scenic drives through the mountains of West Virginia. Historic National Road (15.7 mile…Read More
WV Themed Crafts To Do With Your Kids: Turn Simple Rocks into Works of Art
Painting rocks is a fun activity for kids of all ages. It’s a simple way to get outside and use creativity at the same time. Project Suppl…Read More
Top 5 Places to Breathe In That Fresh Mountain Air
Escape the hustle and bustle of the city. Discover a newfound adventure in the outdoors. Find wide open spaces to explore. These five place…Read More
Discover the natural wonder of Almost Heaven at these destinations
Exploring new and beautiful places is always an incredible adventure. Home to some of the most impressive parks and public lands east of the…Read More
Blaze a Trail in Almost Heaven
West Virginia is filled with untouched, wide-open public land. With six national parks, 45 state parks and forest and endless opportunity fo…Read More
7 movies to cure your cabin fever
Looking for a good movie to watch? We’ve got some we think you might like: October Sky – Based on the best-selling book, “Rocket Boys…Read More