Named in honor of the famous Indian Chief the southern city of Logan is located in the beautiful Appalachian Mountains. This small town has much to offer thanks to its rich history. With Chief Logan State Park and the history of the Hatfield-McCoy feud, Logan is the perfect place for outdoor enthusiasts and history buffs to have an adventure.
Travelers can stay at the beautiful and scenic Chief Logan Lodge & Conference Center where they will be surrounded by the beauty of Chief Logan State Park. Dine at the famous Morrison’s Drive Inn or the delicious Chirico’s Ristorante. For something sweeter try Hot Cup Coffee or Nu Era Bakery.
- With over 600 plus miles of beautiful mountainous trail and open 365 days a year Hatfield-McCoy Trail Systems is the perfect place to ride ATVs or UTVs and embrace the outdoors.
- Chief Logan State Park is a 4,000-acre recreational area with lodging, conference facilities, campgrounds, hiking trails, outdoor activities and attractions.
- Taste the “Drink of the Devil” made from the original recipe of Devil Anse Hatfield at Hatfield and McCoy Moonshine Distillery. This old-time white corn whiskey is handmade in small batches at the micro distillery in Gilbert just a short drive from Logan.
- Play 18-holes at the beautiful Twisted Gun Golf Course. This course features 7,015 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 72. Twisted Gun Golf Course is a great place to play 18 and enjoy the beauty of the Appalachian Mountains.
- Travel down the Tug Fork River and visit the sites that were part of the 19th-century Hatfield-McCoy feud with Hatfield and McCoy Airboat Tours. Get a close up look at the infamous sites of the feud and the beautiful flora and fauna native to the area.
- Visit the Doughboy Monument and Memorial at the War Memorial Park. This statue was dedicated on November 11, 1928 to those from Logan County who made the ultimate sacrifice in World War I, World War II, Korea and Vietnam.
- The West Virginia Freedom Festival is held the first weekend in July each year and is a huge Fourth of July celebration. Experience car shows, motorcycle shows, food vendors, free concerts, block party, fireworks and carnival rides at the West Virginia Freedom Festival.