Your Guide to Snowshoe Mountain Resort
This winter, experience both a luxurious and adventurous getaway at Snowshoe Mountain Resort. At Snowshoe, there is always something exciting to do! Whether you dream of skiing all day or wish to explore the charming mountaintop village for shopping and dining, there’s an adventure to be had no matter the time of day.
Explore the Slopes
Exploring Snowshoe is always fun; it averages more than 180 inches of annual snowfall and has 14 lifts, 60 trails and 257 acres for you to experience. Snowshoe has three distinct areas that offer something for everyone:
- Snowshoe Basin is a favorite for many thanks to its diversity. For experts try the Widowmaker, Choker and Knot Bumper runs. Intermediates will love Skipjack and Gandy Dancer, and the Flume Trail System is perfect for first timers.
- Silver Creek is a hit as well, as it boasts glades, progressive terrain parks, Cola-Cola Tube Park, Black Run Sugar Shack and, most importantly, it’s home to Snowshoes famous night skiing.
- The Western Territory is home to Snowshoe’s most challenging runs, including the renowned Cupp Run, designed by Olympian Jean-Claude Killy and Shay’s Revenge, which has steeps of 52%.
If skiing’s not your thing or you want to try a different adventure, don’t worry. Snowshoe is a mecca for outdoor adventures, including off-road adventure tours, snowmobile tours and guided Western Style trail rides at Autumn Breeze Farms.
Explore the Village
Snowshoe’s mountaintop village is always buzzing with activity and excitement. At the village, you can find great restaurants and shops, the luxurious spa, cozy outdoor fire pits and après spots everywhere.
- The Spa at Snowshoe is a warm and inviting space perfect for soothing and rejuvenating. The spa offers body treatments, facials, massages and salon services for a relaxing experience.
- Split Rock Pools is a hit for everyone, no matter their age. Split Rock Pools is a heated indoor/outdoor swimming area with a slide, sauna, hot tub and great views for everyone to enjoy.
- The village has a number of incredible restaurants including Cheat Mountain Pizza, Foxfire Grille, Junction Restaurant, Old Spruce Tavern, Tuques Bar and Grille and the Whistle Stop. Visit the Connection Nightclub, Old Spruce Café and Tavern and Hoot’s Bar and Grill for an evening of après and nightlife.
- The shops at Snowshoe have everything from ski and snowboard equipment to West Virginia made goods. At the village you can find Signatures of Snowshoe, WV Market, Mountain Adventure Center, Full Tilt Skate and Snow, Mountain Kids, Pocahontas Supply Co. and 4848 for all of your shopping needs.
Experience the Mountain
Throughout the year Snowshoe holds fun, exciting and unique events and the winter season is no exception. The events Snowshoe holds during the winter are highlights of the season you won’t want to miss out on. Some fan favorite events include:
- Winter Brew Fest – Enjoy snow, cold beer and live musical entertainment at the Winter Brew Fest on Dec. 15. A ticket includes a sampling glass and sampling tickets.
- Burton Women’s Snowboard Camp – Gain confidence, push your skills and make life-long friends at the Burton Women’s Snowboard Camp Jan. 4-6. At the camp you’ll enjoy morning yoga, evening get-together and Burton goodies.
- Subaru WinterFest – The Subaru WinterFest Jan. 12-13 a one-of-a-kind mountain destination and lifestyle tour where skiers and snowboarders can come together and share their passion for all things winter. At the festival, you can enjoy live music, après, smores and relax with new and old friends alike.
- Cupp Run Challenge – The Cupp Run Challenge on Feb. 4 is one of Snowshoe’s oldest traditions. The Cupp Run Challenge is a giant Slalom race for skiers and snowboarders down the legendary Cupp Run, designed by Jean Claude Killy.
- Homegrown Music & Arts Festival – The Homegrown Music and Arts Festival March 2-3 is a celebration of the regions best musicians, artisans and local talent. At the festival enjoy live music and fun games all weekend long.
- West Virginia Free Ski Day – On March 17, West Virginia residents can receive a free lift ticket all you have to do is bring a proof of residency. It doesn’t get any better than that!
This post was last updated on March 17, 2022