WV Themed Crafts to do With Your Kids: I Love WV Stained Glass Project
Looking for something to do with those old leaves in your backyard? Why not try out some fun West Virginia themed crafts with your kids and celebrate what you love about West Virginia with this fun leaf stamp project.
- 1 Piece of Wax Paper
- 1 Paper Plate
- 1 Black Marker
- 2 Sheets of Construction Paper
- At Least 3 Leaves from Your Backyard
- Pen/ Pencil
- 1 Piece of Yarn
1. Cut out a one-foot long piece of wax paper.
2. Squeeze paint onto the paper plate.
3. Dip the leaves in the paint and stamp them onto the wax paper until you have a large portion covered.
4. Let the paint dry. You can use a hairdryer if you need to.
5. Fold one piece of construction paper in half and draw half a heart on the folded edge.
6. Cut the heart out.
7. Draw a smaller heart on the inside of the heart you just cut out.
8. Cut the smaller heart out.
9. Put the heart with a hole in it on the second piece of construction paper and trace it.
10. Cut the heart out.
11. Glue the hearts on the front and back of the wax paper, making sure they are in the same position on both sides.
12. Let the glue dry.
13. Trim the wax paper off the outside edges of the heart.
14. Use the black marker to write down all the different things you love about West Virginia on the side of the wax paper that doesn’t have the paint.
15. Poke a hole through the top of the heart and thread the yarn through and tie off.
16. Hang it up in your window and enjoy.
This post was last updated on August 6, 2020