WV Themed Crafts to do With Your Kids: Busy Honey Bee Potato Stamp Painting
With the kids at home, it can be hard to keep thinking of new ways to keep them engaged and learning. Keep your kids’ creative juices flowing by trying out some fun West Virginia-themed crafts and celebrate West Virginia’s state insect with this cute potato stamp project.
- 1 Potato
- 1 Paper Plate
- 1 Black Marker
- 1 Sheet of Construction Paper
- 1 Paint Brush
- 1 Cup of Water
- 1 Knife
- Paper Towels
1. Thoroughly wash and dry the potato.
2. Have an adult cut the potato in half and then cut one of the halves in half again.
3. Set the potato aside and put the paint you plan to use on a paper plate.
4. Dip the small potato wedges in white paint.
5. Stamp the small potato wedges on the paper to make the bee’s wings.
6. Dip the large potato half in yellow paint and stamp it below the wings to make the bee’s body.
7. Now it’s time for the background, try painting some flowers, trees, or clouds.
8. Let your painting dry.
9. Use a black marker to add details to your bee. “Bee” sure to give it some black stripes, a face, and some antennae.
10. Hang up your painting for all to enjoy.
This post was last updated on February 28, 2022