WV Themed Crafts to do With Your Kids: Black Bear Bird Feeder
In this time of social distancing it can be hard to think of things to do that are both educational and entertaining. Why not take up birdwatching and familiarize yourself with some of our beautiful native bird species? You can even get your kids involved with this fun West Virginia themed craft and celebrate the state animal with this cute bird feeder that is sure to have the birds flocking to your yard.
- 1 Piece of Yarn or String
- 1 Toilet Paper Roll
- Construction Paper
- Peanut Butter or Honey
- Birdseed (Not Pictured)
- Pen/ Pencil (Not Pictured)
- Butter Knife
- Paper Towels
1. Fold 1 piece of construction paper in half and draw ears and nose.
2. Cut them out.
3. Fold a second piece of construction paper in half and trace the ears as a size reference. Draw a smaller ear inside and cut it out.
4. Glue smaller inner ear onto ear and let dry.
5. Draw an oval on a third piece of construction paper and cut it out.
6. Glue nose onto oval and let dry.
7. Glue ears onto toilet paper roll and let dry.
8. Use the butter knife to cover the toilet paper roll in peanut butter or honey.
9. Stick the nose onto the peanut butter/ honey.
10. Pour birdseed onto the plate and roll the toilet paper roll around until the peanut butter/ honey is covered.
11. Cut the string down to 12 inches and thread it through the toilet paper roll and tie off.
12. Hang up outside your window and enjoy.
This post was last updated on August 6, 2020