This is your first step to planning a vacation to Almost Heaven
You can almost hear the rushing waters of waterfalls, the birds chirping and the the pure, unspoiled sound of nature now, can’t you? Your trip to Almost Heaven is just around the corner. And here are your first steps to help plan that vacation you’ve been dreaming of. It all happens in Almost Heaven.
- Do you want to experience the beauty of snow-covered mountains and cool temperatures? Or do you want to view incredible fall foliage found throughout Almost Heaven? Spring brings festivals and brightly colored flowers, where Summer brings fun on the lake and BBQ. Each season offers something different.
- ATV: West Virginia’s rolling hills provide the foundation for one-of-a-kind off-road fun and adventure. Visitors are given the unique opportunity to step back in time and revisit one of the most notorious feuds in the country all while exploring more than 600 miles of trails dedicated to both families involved. West Virginia is home to a natural amusement park that attracts thrill-seekers from around the world.
- Whitewater Rafting: West Virginia offers some of the finest whitewater rafting found anywhere in the world. Depending on your desired difficulty, West Virginia can take you from mild to wild and give you the adventure of a lifetime right here in the Mountain State.
- Skiing: Mountaintop ski resorts are perfect for those wanting to hit the slopes. From easy, family-friendly runs to high intensity, adrenaline pumping ones, skiing offers something for everyone. Don’t forget about snowboarding, sledding and tubing, too.
- Scenic Trains: There’s no better way to view Almost Heaven than by train. Explore the state to see fall foliage, bald eagles and more via one of the scenic trains.
- Luxury Relaxation: Pamper yourself at a peaceful, serene getaway in the mountains. The finest amenities are sure to soothe any stress and create a relaxing escape amongst a backdrop of sweeping vista views. Soak in mineral-rich baths, enjoy a carefree dinner and indulge in first-class service during a calming vacation to the scenic mountain countryside.
- Bed & Breakfasts: Cozy up in a lakeside cottage or beautiful historic building on a local farm with the promise of a hot, fresh-made meal. If you want a genuine experience, this is the spot for you.
- Cabins: Prefer to get closer to nature? Try a log cabin or a modern treehouse.
- Campgrounds: Whether you’re looking for an RV space or a primitive camping spot, there is a space for you in Almost Heaven.
- Hotels & Motels: Enjoy the modern conveniences of a relaxing home away from home at a local hotel.
- Resorts: Vacation in luxury at a Mountain State resort that will have every service you can imagine.
- State Parks: Explore some of West Virginia’s best parts of nature at a state park.
- With numerous fairs and festivals throughout the year, it’s always a perfect time to visit Almost Heaven. But planning your visit around particular events will ensure you don’t miss out! For whitewater rafting, you don’t want to miss Gauley Season in the fall – when the river creates some of the best whitewater rafting in the country. Or maybe the State Fair of WV is more your speed – complete with fair food and rides.
This post was last updated on January 28, 2019