Something for ALL this FestivALL
With 10 days full of activities, planning is key to make sure you don’t miss out on one of West Virginia’s biggest festivals. FestivALL works with over 90 community partners to create a vibrant arts experience for all. Based in Charleston, this 10-day festival has been bringing enjoyment to its attendees for 14 years now. No matter what kind of art you enjoy, FestivALL has something for everyone!
Music, Food, & Fun Oh My!
- Smoke on the Water Chili Cookoff – Join in the 20th anniversary celebration by sampling and submitting your vote to decide who moves on to the World Championship! There will also be live music and children’s activities.
- Jazz & Jambalaya – Head on down to Haddad River Front Park to enjoy a day filled with fun jazz and delicious jambalaya. This free event will feature soul-line dancing, children’s activities, a photo booth, and many food & beverage vendors for attendees to enjoy.
- Wine & Jazz Music Festival– Enjoy wine brought to you by West Virginia vineyards, listen to relaxing jazz, all while taking in the beautiful view of the capitol dome. Taking place on the University of Charleston lawn, this festival is fun for all ages!
Let your inner art critic shine
- Capitol Street Art Fair – This FestivALL staple is one of the largest events of its kind in the state! Peruse down Capitol Street, while viewing over 80 artists work. You do not want to miss this FestivALL event!
- FestivALL Art Parade – This parade is a celebration of artists creativity. Showcasing many different types of art, including visual artists, theatrical groups, and art cars, there is something for every art lover to enjoy!
- Art After Dark – Ever wondered what the Clay Center was like after- hours? Art After Dark allows its visitors to enjoy after-hours access to the Clay Center art exhibit accompanied by live music and a cash bar. Experience the Clay Center in a whole new way!
Something the whole family can enjoy
- Art-For-ALL Kids Juried Exhibition – Bring the whole family to check out some of the awesome art work created by children in grades pre-K through 6 in Boone, Clay, Fayette, Kanawha, Lincoln, and Putnam counties. This 12-day exhibition will conclude with an awards ceremony on June 23.
- Downtown Open Father/Child Putt Putt Golf Tournament – This fun tournament featuring father or father figures in a child’s life is the perfect opportunity to explore downtown Charleston, while taking part in some putt putt! Make sure to come early to register at 10:30 am at the Lee Street Triangle on the corner of Lee and Capitol Streets.
- Children’s Art Fair and Kanawha County Public Library Street Fair – Let your children’s inner artist shine during this activity filled fair. Taking place on the street in front of the Kanawha Public Library, you will find make and take crafts, a stage with child-friendly performances, and games and other activities for young children to enjoy.
Dance your way through these events
- Sunrise Carriage Trail walk with Music, Arts, and Dance – Explore one of Charleston’s most beautiful trails while enjoying performances including JADCO Contemporary Dance Company dancers, live music, and more!
- Dance FestivALL – This annual performance features this year’s guest artist Jamal Story. Charleston Ballet, River City Youth Ballet Ensemble, and JADCO Contemporary Dance Company will also be preforming original pieces choreographed by Story. Buy your tickets here!
- Dance in Davis Park – Combine your love of the outdoors and dance during Dance in Davis Park. Featuring Carli Mareneck and friends of the Trillium Performing Arts Collective, this dance show will explore how the living world transforms with mystery and mirth.
Enjoy the Show! These Performances will not Disappoint
- Charleston Light Opera Guild ‘s production of The Full Monty – Enjoy the Charleston Light Opera Guild’s rendition of this ten-time Tony Award nominee musical. With four evening and two matinee performances during the span of FestivALL, there is plenty of time to catch this heart-warming and humorous show! Buy your tickets here.
- CYAC’s “Norman Rockwell’s An American Love Story” – Featuring over 20 local actors and singers ,The Contemporary Youth Arts Company performance of Mark Scarpelli-Dan Kehde romantic musical “Norman Rockwell’s An American Love Story” will not disappoint! There will be four evening and two matinees performances during FestivALL, tickets will be available at the door, one hour before the show
- Compagnia TPO’s Panda’s Home – Coming all the way from Italy, this show combines pantomime, storytelling, dance-inspired movement, lights, and interactive technology, for a perfect for all ages show that will not disappoint! Buy your ticket here.
For information about these events and many others, visit FestivALL’s website here!
This post was last updated on March 17, 2022