Relax amongst the adventure at these 6 incredible places
It’s a known fact that West Virginia is home to incredible adventure, but the Mountain State is also full of one-of-a-kind relaxation experiences that are amazing for the mind, body and soul. After you’re finished exploring the state with high-adventure activities, take time to relax. Visit these incredible places and recharge!
- Start your day off right with aerial yoga at Yoga Power in Charleston and experience relaxation in a way you never have before. Aerial yoga incorporates silk hammocks into a traditional yoga class, to help you forget the stresses of yesterday. Need some extra zen? Visit the Charleston Convention and Visitors Bureau for more relaxing ideas like strolling along the stunning Sunrise Carriage Trail or stopping by Spa Bliss for massages and facials.
- The town of Berkeley Springs is relaxation and beauty personified. From idyllic boutiques to spas at every corner, Berkeley Springs is the perfect relaxing destination. Experience complete bliss at Renaissance Spa at the historic Country Inn. The Renaissance Spa offers everything from a detoxifying Thai body wrap to a deep tissue massage. Both will have you feeling better than you ever have before. For more relaxing experiences, visit Travel Berkeley Springs. They may recommend Berkeley Springs State Park, another place to experience relaxation in an incredibly unique and unforgettable way.
- Nestled in the Potomac Highlands region of the state lies gorgeous Tucker County. Tucker County’s scenic beauty and tranquility make it the perfect place to relax. Visit Blackwater Outdoor Adventure in Parsons for peaceful reflection by kayaking along the magnificent Cheat River. If you’re lucky, you may even spot bald eagles, Canada geese and deer along the way. Or visit Blackwater Falls State Park and spend the day relaxing by fishing for bass, catfish, bluegill and trout at beautiful Pendleton Lake or scenic Blackwater River. Or head to Canaan Valley Resort State Park to stay in a full-service lodge, cabin or campground. If you desire other relaxation opportunities like strolling along Thomas’s downtown area for fine dining and shopping, stop by the Tucker County Convention and Visitors Bureaus for more information.
- Relax on the Hatfield-McCoy Trails via ATV, UTV or dirt bike. Sound unconventional? On the trail you will forget about all your worries with nothing but the trail and beautiful scenery on your mind. The Pinnacle Creek Trail System starts in Pineville and along the way you will be close to Twin Falls State Park, skiing and whitewater rafting. After a long day of riding, stop by the Hatfield-McCoy Convention and Visitors Bureau where they can recommend other relaxation opportunities.
- Free your mind by visiting the gorgeous and historic town of Bramwell. Bramwell was once home to the most millionaires per capita of any town in American and what remains are stunning well-preserved Victorian- and Tudor-style mansions. These homes will take you back in time. After your stroll through Bramwell, reach nirvana at the Corner Shop Diner for shakes, floats, sundaes, splits and more from the antique soda fountain. If you feel that you’re still looking for more relaxation stop by the Mercer County Convention and Visitors Bureau for more ideas.
- After a busy day hiking at North Bend State Park, head to Parkersburg to check out a number of delicious restaurants, walk along the river and wrap up your night with a drink at the elegant Blennerhassett Hotel. The beautiful architecture of the hotel mixed with its historic past creates an atmosphere that will leave you feeling refreshed. Stop by the Greater Parkersburg CVB to get the inside scoop on the best stops!
Which relaxation experience do you plan on trying?
This post was last updated on March 17, 2022