The West Virginia Tourism Office is seeking Procurement Coordinator to work on its Administration team. This position is a classified-exempt position.
- Receive and process requests for goods and services from staff members
- Complete orders for requested goods and services with appropriate approval
- Receive and process staff travel requests
- Assist with making travel reservations
- Facilitate vendor registration and ensure vendors are properly entered into statewide accounting system
- Create purchase orders in statewide accounting system
- Facilitate payment of invoices with Accounts Payable Coordinator
- Reconcile statements on all agency purchasing cards, including collection of receipts
- Assist with solicitation, receipt, and evaluation of bids for goods and services
- Assist with vendor contract review and approval process
- Assist with fixed assets management
- Assist with inventory management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Organized, detail-oriented and excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting procedures
- Ability to take ownership over projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with different teams and independently
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Flexible with changing priorities
- Ability to travel occasionally for conferences and seminars
- Ability to learn and operate our primary financial operating systems: wvOASIS, Sage, and SharePoint
- Ability to work office equipment (fax, scanner, printer, phone system, computers)
- Other related duties as assigned
The successful candidate will an associate degree or equivalent in accounting or a related field.
This position is located at the capitol in Charleston, WV and works full-time, regular business hours. Competitive pay and benefits. Some travel required.
Please email a resume to Kara Gillenwater, Administrative Assistant, at [email protected]. Cover letters may be addressed to Commissioner Chelsea Ruby.