Each person visiting the Hatfield-McCoy Trail System, including passengers, is required to purchase an individual User Permit. This Permit allows you to ride, in accordance with their rules, on hundreds of miles of private land that make up our trails. User Permits must be displayed on the users helmet at all times while on the trails.
All permits are valid from the date of purchase until December 31st of that year. Permits are $50, and they offer several discounts, such as military option, individuals that are currently serving or have previously served in the United States military are eligible to purchase a West Virginia resident permit, regardless of their residency. This military option is for the cardholder only and can be redeemed at a Hatfield-McCoy Trails facility or participating permit vendor.
West Virginia residents may purchase a discounted pass for $26.50 with proof of a West Virginia driver’s license or West Virginia state-issued ID.
How to Purchase a Hatfield-McCoy Trail Permit
- Buy online: You will received a Hatfield-McCoy Permit in 5 to 7 business days.
- Visit their Welcome Center, just off US State Route 119 and 19 miles south of Charleston.
- Stop by the Country Roads Byways Visitor’s Center near Logan, WV on Route
- Visit one of the following staffed Trailheads:
- Visit any of the over 100 authorized retail locations in the area.
For more information regarding permits, visit the Hatfield-McCoy Trails Official Website.