Our 2020 Winter Bucket List
Don’t find yourself mid-January having missed out on all festive adventures! Fill our your winter bucket list using this comprehensive guide as your inspiration.
- Harpers Ferry & Bolivar Olde Tyme Christmas– Enjoy festive street views and socially distanced activities at this traditional celebration.
- Hillbrook Inn and Suites– Cuddle up for a relaxing evening of rest in one of the elegant rooms of this historic inn.
- True Treats Historic Candy– With nostalgic sweets and seasonal confections, this spot is a must-try for any candy-lover.
- Coal Heritage Museum– Learn more about life for West Virginian coal miners of years past at this National Coal Heritage Authority Area stop.
- Hot Cup Coffee– Everyone loves a warm cup of joe this time of year. Find this and more at a unique spot in the Hatfield-McCoy mountains.
- Hatfield-McCoy Trails– Enjoy year-round fun at this off-road adventurers heaven starting off in Mercer County.
- Lola’s Pizza– As you land down at Yeager Airport head to this Charleston fan favorite for a warm slice.
- Christmas Village– Huntington‘s Heritage Farm, is preparing for a safe and festive season of fun.
- Commons Marketplace at Valley Park– Check holiday shopping off of your list at this one-stop-shop in Putnam County.
- The Downtowner– Get your fill of comfort food at this family-owned classic in Ripley.
- Blennerhassett Hotel– This legendary resting place is the perfect spot for a holiday getaway.
- Mulberry Lane Country Store– Pick up a few seasonal goodies at the largest country store in West Virginia.
- Kirkwood Winery & Isaiah Morgan Distillery– Grab a bottle of red or a bottle of white at this Summersville staple.
- Carnifex Ferry Cabins– With endless history and an unbeatable location, these cozy cabins are a great pick.
- Stillwaters– In the beloved Stonewall Resort, Stillwaters serves local fares to the whole of Lewis County.
- Celebration of Lights– Socially distance in your own vehicle and enjoy hundreds of lights at this Marion County highlight.
- Miller’s Eats & Sweets– It is hard to beat a delicious sweet treat this time of year!
- Alpine Lake Resort– High within the Alleghenies lies a mountain resort, complete with golf adventures and lake living.
New River Greenbrier Valley
- Small Talk Cafe– With seasonal soups and indulgent baked goods, this spot adds to the magic of the Resort at Glade Springs.
- Winterplace– Within the rolling hills of Southern WV is a snowy wonderland, perfect for hitting the slopes.
- Weekends with Santa– Family-friendly activities are in no shortage at The Greenbrier Resort this season in the Greenbrier Valley.
- Oglebay Resort & Conference Center– Catch a glimpse of some magic reindeer and enjoy sparking lights at this northern resort.
- Christmas with the Cockayne’s– Tour this historic (and festive) farmstead during this season’s open house just outside of Moundsville.
- Figaretti’s Restaurant– Homemade Italian cuisine is on our mind as the temperature continues dropping.
- Ski the Valley– Looking for downhill slopes or cross-country skiing? These three resorts have something for every winter sports lover.
- Trail Head Coffee– Before you hit the slopes or go adventure hunting, grab a cup of warm coffee in Davis.
- Bright Morning Inn– After enjoying all that the Potomac Highlands have to offer, refresh at this quaint and historic inn.
Looking for some more winter inspiration? Sign up today to receive this season’s updates straight to your inbox.
Travelers exploring this season are encouraged to check the status of individual businesses before taking a trip. A statewide indoor face-covering requirement is in effect and visitors are encouraged to maintain a safe social distance when traveling the state.
This post was last updated on October 7, 2021