- Review your literature and determine if it meets the West Virginia Department of Tourism’s Welcome Center Brochure Distribution Guidelines listed below.
- Complete and submit the Brochure Distribution Application.
- For determination of eligibility, please submit a digital file or mail a physical copy of the brochure to the following address:
West Virginia Department of Tourism
Building 3, Suite 100, Capitol Complex
1900 Kanawha Boulevard, East
Charleston, WV 25305
- You will receive an approval or denial letter notification via email.
- Please include your approval letter with the initial shipment or delivery of brochures/rack cards to your preferred Welcome Center(s) chosen on the application. Welcome Center physical addresses can be found here https://wvtourism.com/welcome-centers/.
- Please await Welcome Center staff notification before shipping additional brochures.
- An application must be completed when new material is produced or content is updated.
- Literature that does not meet existing brochure and rack sizes may be considered for placement at the information desk and distributed by staff. Additional brochure racks and holders will not be accepted.
- Welcome Center display and distribution are free of charge.
Brochure Distribution Guidelines
Brochures, rack cards and publications containing West Virginia tourism services and facilities are eligible for consideration for distribution and display in state Welcome Centers.
The standards of approval are as follows:
- Useful tourist information with 50% West Virginia tourism related services.
- Brochures should designate: who; what; when; where; contact person; and admission fee.
- Will not accept brochures, rack cards and publications which contain religious, political, inappropriate, or objectionable content and/or pictures.
- Will not accept literature which is intended solely for the purposes of selling a product which is not tourism oriented and is designed for commercial or other purposes. Publications (other than state government agencies) promoting the sale of sponsorships, memberships or other goods, etc.
- Will accept bordering state highway maps.
- Paper stock of sufficient weight to prevent wilting or drooping in rack.
- Brochures must be professionally produced and printed.
- Full color
- FedEx is recommended for shipping due to they will deliver to all eight Welcome Centers. If you choose another shipping source, please confirm that they will deliver to your preferred locations.
- Brochures may be shipped or hand delivered directly to the Welcome Center, seven days of the week, between 9:00am and 5:00pm.
- Advertiser is responsible for all shipping charges.
- C.O.D. will not be accepted.
- Packages cannot weigh over 25lbs.
- Maximum first time shipment to each Welcome Center is 100 brochures.
- Please include your name, address, telephone number, email and approval letter in your first shipment.
- Welcome Center staff will notify advertiser when brochures need replenished.
The free distribution and display of public and private brochures at the West Virginia Department of Tourism Welcome Centers does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation of the product or guarantee the accuracy of the information provided.
The West Virginia Department of Tourism remains the controlling authority at all times and has the right to remove or disqualify a brochure from display at any time for just cause.
Every effort will be made to display approved brochures. Should rack space be limited, brochures will be rotated on an equitable basis.