Cooperative Advertising Program
The West Virginia Tourism Office cooperative advertising program provides partners with the opportunity to leverage state resources and brand identity to advertising individual destinations, attractions and events.
- Increase awareness of the West Virginia brand, products and partners
- Create a positive shift in travelers’ attitudes and perceptions
- Provide measurable advertising outcomes for every dollar spent
- Leverage state resources and partner budgets to maximize industry’s overall economic impact
How Does It Work?
The program will offer a mix of regional and local advertising opportunities and will leverage marketing dollars from the Tourism Office and the participating travel industry partner(s). The program will be a dollar for dollar match partnership that offers a variety of investment tiers.
The program will operate on a calendar year. Cooperative advertising will begin January 1, 2018 and run through December 31, 2018. Year-long buys will be made in advance; however, seasonal offers and additional opportunities will be added throughout the year. The state’s financial contribution is dependent on industry interest.
Who Can Participate?
- Destination Marketing Organizations (Regions or areas containing three or more attractions)
- Tourism-Related Businesses, Attractions & Events, which include:
- Cultural/historic sites
- Fairs & festivals
- Entertainment establishments
- Performing arts centers
- Sporting organizations & venues
- Craft breweries
- Scenic or natural areas
- Theme or amusement parks
- Zoos, aquariums, wild animal parks
- Destination lodging
- Bed & Breakfasts
- Vacation rentals
- Destination entity/organization that provides recreational activities, including but not limited to, whitewater rafting, skiing and snow activities, mountain biking, hunting and fishing.
- Destination shopping
- Cultural/historic sites
- Government Partners
Bonus Marketing Packages
In addition to selected advertising placements, partners will receive a free marketing package based on their total buy.
- Monday, August 13: All winter co-op opportunities go on sale.
- Friday, August 24: Co-op portal closes to reconcile winter purchases. No additional winter purchases can be made after this date.
Download and view a list of the 2018 winter co-op opportunities.
Download and print the Cooperative Advertising Program flyer for quick reference on the program and its benefits.
Terms and Conditions
All program participants must complete and sign the Terms and Conditions of the program for each program year. Submit completed applications to [email protected].