Experience a real-life Winter Wonderland at The Greenbrier
Experiencing wintertime at The Greenbrier is an experience like no other. One day you may be sipping a delicious winter cocktail by a cozy fire, and the next you may be gliding on the resort’s ice skating rink and warming up with hot cocoa. Throughout the winter season The Greenbrier has special packages, activities and events you won’t want to miss.
During the season, The Greenbrier has many a fun activities loved by both children and adults alike. Some favorite activities include:
- Ice Skating – The ice skating rink at The Greenbrier is a fan favorite. Spend an afternoon gliding on the 70’ x 140’ rink, which features state-of-the-art ice making capabilities, music and a rinkside fire pit perfect for warming up.
- Sleigh Rides – Dash through the snow on a fun sleigh ride excursion. A sleigh ride provides a leisurely trip with scenic views of the property. One sleigh ride definitely won’t be enough.
- Off-Road Adventures – Off-roading is not your typical winter activity. On an off-road adventure, you can explore the snow-covered mountains in a specially equipped Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. During your adventure, explore The Greenbrier’s private 10,000-acre mountain preserve and drive to your heart’s content.
Wintertime Premier Weekends
The Greenbrier also hosts many fun and unique wintertime weekends that’ll keep you coming back for more and more:
- Let’s Get Cozy – During Martin Luther King weekend, warm up with a hot toddy, hot butter rum, Irish coffee and more at the drink tasting on the 18th and a wine dinner on the 19th, which will pair wines with a six-course dinner featuring a seasonal French-inspired cuisine. If you love fine dining, this is the perfect weekend for you.
- Let’s Move – Wellness Weekend – If you’re looking to revive yourself mind, body and soul, visit The Greenbrier during the Let’s Move – Wellness Weekend, Feb. 1-2. This weekend is designed to get your heart, mind and soul energized. Enjoy complimentary fitness classes, yoga classes, guided hikes, healthy cooking demonstrations and more.
- Let’s Taste – Restaurant Weekend – Experience a weekend of delicious food during the Let’s Eat – Restaurant Weekend, Feb. 8-9. This weekend gives guests the opportunity to enjoy specialty prix fixe menus featuring chef-inspired and sommelier wine-paired dining experiences at The Main Dining Room, Prime 44 West and The Forum.
- Let’s Sip – American Wines for Lovers Weekend – During Feb. 15-18, enjoy and savor some of the best wines made in American with your loved ones during the Let’s Sip – American Wines for Lovers Weekend. This will be weekend full of decadent wines, good times and amazing memories.
- Let’s Color – Dorothy Draper School of Design Weekend – If you’ve always wanted to learn more about The Greenbrier’s iconic décor, attend the Let’s Color – Dorothy Draper School of Designed Weekend, March 1-2. Guess will receive an inside look and education on the process of selecting décor at The Greenbrier.
- Let’s Be Lucky – Patty’s Day Weekend – Experience singing and dancing during the fun Let’s Be Lucky – St. Patty’s Day Weekend, March 1-2. This will be a weekend of colorful décor, traditional Irish cuisine, authentic beverages and more.
This winter take advantage of The Greenbrier’s $699, two-night Wintertime Package, which includes:
- Friday and Saturday nights based on double occupancy – does not include daily resort fee, taxes and historic preservation fund
- Early check-in at 12 p.m. on Friday and late 3 p.m. check-out on Sunday
- $200 resort spending credit
- Breakfast in the Main Dining Room
- Admission to live musical events, family entertainment, comedy shows and more
- Four-hour Adventure Zone experience for children ages 3-12
- One-hour shuttle to Winterplace Ski Resort
This post was last updated on March 17, 2022