ENTERTAINMENT EXPLORER: 19 Ways to Explore Winter in Randolph County
Taira Landavere, Entertainment Explorer
Winter is here!
The first snowflakes have fallen from the sky, and there’s no better place to enjoy the crisp, beautiful season than in Randolph County.
Here are some fun ways to enjoy this winter season:
- Participate in Santa’s Workshops in various downtown Elkins businesses
- Ride on the Polar Express for an unforgettable experience to the North Pole
- Take a tour and have a taste at Still Hollow Spirits distillery near Harman
- Step back in time and experience the historic displays at the Stirrup Gallery and the Beverly Heritage Center
- Shop local for Christmas gifts at the many local specialty shops
- Watch the annual Christmas Parade and take your wish list to Santa and Mrs. Claus
- Embrace your heritage and attend the Beverly Old Fashioned Christmas and Contra Dance
- Move your feet at Helvetia’s First Saturday Square Dances and Augusta Heritage Center’s monthly square dances
- Let it snow and sleigh ride at Davis and Elkins College hill
- Appreciate nature at Glendale Park and the Allegheny Highlands Trail while cross-country skiing and snowshoeing
- Opt for outside and go over the mountain and through the woods in the Monongahela National Forest
- Create a Christmas tradition and cut down your own tree at a local tree farm
- Light up the night at Elkins town square to see the Christmas Light Displays
- Warm up at Big Timber Brewing and Brewstel and taste the winter brews on tap
- Enjoy a show at the Gandy Dancer Theatre with the Mountain Memories Christmas show
- Take a winter vacation in one of the many luxurious mountain cabins and snuggle up by a fire
- Explore the outdoor winter recreation activities at Blackwater Falls, Canaan Valley, Snowshoe, Timberline, and Whitegrass
- Listen to the live music at various restaurants throughout the county every week
- Make your own mask and check out the famous Fasnacht Festival in Helvetia.
Taira Landavere is the Director of Marketing for Elkins-Randolph County Tourism, Convention and Visitors Bureau. She was born and raised in Elkins, West Virginia. Elkins-Randolph County Tourism, CVB exists to promote the variety of music, art, heritage, outdoor recreation, and tourism opportunities in and around Randolph County.
This post was last updated on December 5, 2023