An Almost Heaven Easter in the Mountains
Spring is the time for the flowers to bloom, the trees to blossom and the sun to shine down on Almost Heaven. It’s also the time to celebrate a holiday with colorful eggs and chocolate treats: Easter. Easter celebrations around the Mountain State include egg hunts, special dinners and more.
- Hippity hop on over to Twin Falls Resort State Park on April 20 for its egg hunt. At 1 p.m., Twin Falls’ Easter Egg Hunt will begin at the ball field where 1,000 eggs will be hidden.
- The Great Spring Egg Hunt will be held on April 14 at the West Virginia Botanic Garden. Join an afternoon full of egg hunting with special life-like eggs to learn about local birds and more. Music, snacks and more will be available.
- Hunt for eggs at the Nature Center at Blackwater Falls State Park. The Traditional Easter Egg Hunt will feature the Easter Bunny – where visitors can take a selfie to share. The hunt will begin at 1:30 p.m. on April 20.
- Easter Weekend at Pipestem Resort State Park kicks off on April 20 with the Annual Egg Hunt at the park headquarters. After visitors are finished searching for eggs, Tina Smith will host a small concert in the lodge lobby at 8 p.m.
- Pipestem Resort State Park is hosting an Easter Sunday Buffet in its Bluestone Dining Room, which overlooks the Bluestone Gorge. The menu, which is available from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. on April 21, includes: herb-roasted chicken, Guinness lamb stew, honey butter pitted ham, potatoes grand mere, and more.
- Enjoy Easter Brunch at Preston County Inn on April 21. At 10 a.m., select from fresh fruit, baked scones, blueberry muffins, biscuits & gravy, and more.
- Chief Logan State Park will feature a delicious Easter Sunday Buffet at its Whispering Ridge Restaurant. The menu includes: honey glazed ham, beef roast, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, deviled eggs, potato salad, pasta salad, salad bar, hot rolls and assorted desserts.
- Join Lakeview Golf Resort for their traditional Easter Brunch on April 21 at 11 a.m. Children can explore Candy Land and visit with the Easter Bunny.
This post was last updated on April 9, 2019