3 Romantic Getaways to Fit Any Budget
Whether you are hoping for a grand romantic gesture or keeping things low-key this year, everyone loves a Valentine’s Day getaway. It is easy to keep things close to home if that’s your style or venture out for a bigger surprise, all while staying safe.
These 3 romantic getaways are perfect for any couple on any budget! (Or simply pick and choose ideas to incorporate into your own special day)
Don’t let staying home this holiday get you down! Whether you are hunkering down with your honey or closest friends, some of the best memories are made when staying-in. Take your gifting to the next level to really make things festive from home with these three tips, while you save some money staying home.
- Lift your Spirits: Pick up a bottle of West Virginia wine to add a little romance to your staycation. Check out these local wineries, like Kirkwood Winery, who bottle up the sweet stuff.
- Sweet Surprises: Don’t go the basic route and pick up generic chocolates for your love! Order a box of WV made sweets from Holl’s Handcrafted Swiss Chocolate. This special touch will not go unnoticed!
- Feed your Heart: If you aren’t confident in your ability to whip up a romantic dinner, order a takeout feast to celebrate. Use our Dining Map to find out which of your favorite local spots offer takeout!
Hoping to get out of the house but stay comfy for the holiday? A cabin getaway might be just the thing you need. Add in a touch of winter adventure and your cozy trip is sure to be one you will never forget.
- A Romantic Abode: Sit around a crackling fireplace and enjoy some peace and quiet with your special one. Find the perfect place to call home base for a day or two by checking out these favorite cabins!
- The Perfect Playlist: Every fairytale romance needs a special soundtrack. Let the tunes of this Almost Heaven playlist make your vacation rental feel just like home.
- Making Memories: Whether you want to hit the slopes or simply enjoy a winter hike, getting some fresh air is the perfect way to make your getaway worthwhile.
Take this special day to the next level by planning a luxurious getaway to one of the many romantic resorts of Almost Heaven. Pack a bag and leave your daily worries at home as you set out on your romantic escapade.
- Enjoy Mountain Luxury: Choose one of the many resorts among the lush mountains of West Virginia for your dreamy getaway. The Bavarian Inn offers a one-of-a-kind European-inspired stay, perfect for two love-birds.
- Treat Yourself: Enjoy your elegant suite and splurge a little on your resort’s room service. If you find yourself at The Greenbrier, take your pick of something delicious off of their 40-page In-Room Dining menu.
- Stop and Smell the Roses: Sometimes the smallest touches are the ones that mean the most, so be sure to ask what special add-ons your resort can offer. At The Resort at Glade Springs, you can add on a floral arrangement, champagne and many other surprises to be waiting in your suite.
Does all of this getaway dreaming has you looking forward to future planning? Get your own copy of our Travel Guide to find your next adventure.
Travelers are encouraged to check the status of individual businesses before taking a trip. A statewide indoor face-covering requirement is in effect and visitors are encouraged to maintain a safe social distance when traveling the state.
This post was last updated on February 9, 2021