COOPERATIVE ADVERTISING PROGRAM
The West Virginia Department of Tourism’s Cooperative Advertising Program provides partners with the opportunity to leverage state resources and brand identity to advertise individual destinations, attractions and events.
- Increase awareness of the West Virginia brand, products and partners
- Create a positive shift in travelers’ attitudes and perceptions
- Provide measurable advertising outcomes for every dollar spent
- Leverage state resources and partner budgets to maximize industry’s overall economic impact
How Does It Work?
The program will offer a mix of local, regional and national advertising opportunities and will leverage marketing dollars from the Department of Tourism and the participating travel industry partner(s). The program will be a dollar-for-dollar match partnership that offers a variety of investment tiers.
There are two advertising seasons per year—spring/summer and fall/winter. To kick off each season, the Department of Tourism holds an industry webinar with our agency partners to review seasonal plans and goals. Through this call, partners will learn what ad opportunities will be available that particular season.
Partners can request advertising opportunities online in our partner portal during a certain window before each season begins. These openings will be announced through our Industry Newsletter beforehand. Opportunities are offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
Who Can Participate?
- Destination Marketing Organizations (Regions or areas containing three or more attractions)
- Tourism-Related Businesses, Attractions & Events, which include:
- Cultural/historic sites
- Fairs & festivals
- Entertainment establishments
- Performing arts centers
- Sporting organizations & venues
- Craft breweries
- Scenic or natural areas
- Theme or amusement parks
- Zoos, aquariums, wild animal parks
- Destination lodging
- Bed & Breakfasts
- Vacation rentals
- Destination entity/organization that provides recreational activities, including but not limited to, whitewater rafting, skiing and snow activities, mountain biking, hunting and fishing.
- Destination shopping
- Cultural/historic sites
- Government Partners
Bonus Marketing Packages
In addition to selected advertising placements, partners will receive a free marketing package based on their total buy.
Terms and Conditions
All program participants must complete and sign the Terms and Conditions of the program for each program year. Submit completed applications to Destiny.S.Workman@wv.gov.
Cooperative Advertising Terms & Conditions