CHARLESTON, WV | POSTED 3/2/2020
The West Virginia Tourism Office is seeking a Fulfillment Specialist at its headquarters on the State Capitol Complex in Charleston. This position is part of the Visitor Services team and is exempt from the State Division of Personnel’s Classified Service.
- Work as a team member with other staff members within the Tourism Office to promote West Virginia as a premier tourist destination.
- Process and ship bulk orders of promotional materials.
- Contact hotels for travel guide placement. Schedule deliveries within a 100-mile radius.
- Serve as Tourism’s main mail runner daily to central mail office. Sort, pick up and deliver mailings.
- Archive, maintain and organize Tourism’s storage area. Assisting other sections with their storage needs.
- Serve as tourism representative answering calls from 1-800-Call-WVA, assisting visitors within the call center. Prepare daily mailings from requests of callers. Document calls and requests.
- Greet the public, assist in providing travel itineraries, assist with lodging accommodation information, and fulfill brochure and guide requests.
- Attend Tourism events in and out of state. Assisting the Event Production Manager with logistics, lifting requirements, and preparation of products.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able to maintain a professional demeaner, communication and appearance
- Able to maintain an empathetic and professional attitude toward customers at all times
- Able to retrieve information electronically in performing research on various tourism related attractions and destinations
- Able to maintain and review inventory spreadsheets
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Able to travel for events, training, conferences, and meetings as needed
At least six months of full-time experience in customer service or experience in marketing a service/product that involves direct customer interaction is desirable. A high school diploma or the equivalent is required. Competitive pay and benefits.
Please email a resume to Kara Gillenwater, Administrative Assistant, at Kara.M.Gillenwater@wv.gov. Cover letters may be addressed to Commissioner Chelsea Ruby.