DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
Charleston, WV | Posted 12/11/2020
The West Virginia Tourism Office is seeking Director of Finance to manage its accounting division. The position will be a member of the Tourism Office’s senior staff and will report directly to the Deputy Commissioner and Tourism Commissioner, while working closely alongside department heads for each team.
- Monitor all agency programs to ensure fiscal responsibilities are met and are in accordance with statutory guidelines
- Oversee financial activities of the Tourism Office, including but not limited to budget tracking, invoice payment, internal transfers, deposits and year-end fiscal reports
- Support payroll and human resources functions as they overlap with budget and finance
- Liaise with Department of Administration for budget and financial statements, including funding requests, inquiries, statements, expenditure schedules and amendments, accounting system, and closing books
- Find ways to improve financial processes and identify efficiencies by developing and implementing accounting policies
- Responsible managing the Tourism Office’s budget, including real-time tracking of appropriations, fund balances, payments and deposits
- Analyze and report on financial performance year-over-year and run custom reports
- Manage internal controls and analyze complex financial data for specific requests, reports and strategic planning purposes
- Oversee the financial services team, including accounts payable, accounts receivable and procurement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Financial management experience
- Strong analytical skills and broad knowledge of accounting principles
- Organized, detail-oriented and excellent time management skills
- Ability to take ownership over projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with different teams and independently
- Flexible with changing priorities
- Ability to travel occasionally for conferences and seminars
- Proficiency in on wvOASIS or similar enterprise accounting software strongly preferred
- Experience and/or interest in learning new data tools and software
- Proficient in in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
The successful candidate will a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and 3-5 years of experience in accounting or a related field. This position is located at the capitol in Charleston and works full-time, regular business hours. Competitive pay and benefits. Some travel required.
Please email a resume to Kara Gillenwater, Administrative Assistant, at Kara.M.Gillenwater@wv.gov. Cover letters may be addressed to Commissioner Chelsea Ruby.