A look at 2019 in West Virginia: Important dates and events you don’t want to miss
Mark your calendars for these 2019 events in Almost Heaven. Which ones will you be attending?
FEBRUARY: Cabin Fever Craft Beer Festival – Feb. 9, 2019, Morgantown
- This craft beer festival brings together brewers from all over the state to serve up local brews all in an indoor venue to stay warm from the cold. Breweries include Morgantown Brewing Company, Big Timber Brewing Company and Screech Owl Brewing, amongst others. Plus, there will be local artists and chefs.
MARCH: WV Ski Free Day – March 17, 2019, Snowshoe
- All West Virginia residents are welcomed to the Snowshoe Mountain Resort for a free lift ticket to ski and snowboard to your heart’s content! Simply bring proof of residency to get your ticket to fresh, smooth powder.
APRIL: Mountain Stage – April 14, 2019, Charleston
- This two-hour radio show from West Virginia Public Broadcasting hosts shows throughout the year. Hosted by Larry Groce, the program showcases diverse music from traditional to modern.
MAY: WV Strawberry Festival – May 15-19, 2019, Buckhannon
- This fun-filled festival started as a way to honor strawberry growers in the area and has expanded to include a parade, arts & crafts vendors, food vendors selling strawberry-filled goodies and more.
JUNE: FestivALL – June 16-30, 2019, Charleston
- This 15-day-long festival celebrates all things art in the capitol city. With live music, visual art, theatre, dance, film and more, this festival is fun for all ages.
JULY: Mountainfest – July 25-28, 2019, Morgantown
- More than 50,000 motorcycle enthusiasts gather in Mountaineer Country to connect with friends, enjoy live music from bands and showcase their prized bikes.
AUGUST: State Fair of WV – Aug. 8-17, 2019, Fairlea
- The State Fair of WV is fun for the whole family. From agriculture competitions to carnival rides, the fair celebrates the history of the Mountain State and traditions to treasure.
- Every fall, the Gauley River swells create some of the best whitewater rafting in the world. Gauley Season is referred to as the fifth season in West Virginia, because people from all over the world flock to experience it.
OCTOBER: Bridge Day – Oct. 19, 2019, Fayetteville
- One day per year, daredevils from around the world race to Fayetteville to jump off the New River Gorge Bridge. Thousands gather to watch people BASE jump into the gorge below on the third Saturday in October every year.
NOVEMBER: Oglebay Festival of Lights
- Each winter, Oglebay displays The Winter Festival of Lights, which is one of the nation’s largest holiday light shows. It attracts more than a million visitors each year to see the 300 acres of twinkling lights.
DECEMBER: Bramwell Christmas Tour of Homes, Dec. 14, 2019, Bramwell
- Explore the homes of millionaires decorated for the holiday season. The small town of Bramwell once housed the most millionaires per capita, and the majestic homes stand as a testament to their time.
This post was last updated on August 3, 2020