Mark These Upcoming Almost Heaven Summer Events On Your Calendar
Summer in West Virginia is the perfect time to enjoy all the fairs, festivals and other events the Mountain State has to offer. From hiking under the bright blue skies and through lush green meadows, to celebrating local music and cuisine, summer comes alive in Almost Heaven. Mark your calendar for these must-see summer events:
- May 3, 2019 – West Virginia Trout Fest
Franklin. 3-day event that will include a trout rodeo, fish fry dinner, boxcar derby, hard cider tasting, crafts and vendors, 5K run and more.
- May 15-19, 2019 – West Virginia Strawberry Festival
Buckhannon. A unique, traditional celebration to honor the strawberry harvest and kick off summertime.
- May 24-26, 2019 – Vandalia Gathering
Charleston. Celebrate West Virginia’s cultural heritage on Memorial Day weekend with music, dance, arts, crafts, food and stories.
- May 24-26, 2019 – ArtSpring
Thomas. ArtSpring Festival is an annual celebration of the vibrant arts community in Tucker County, West Virginia.
- May 30-June 2, 2019 – Mountain Music Festival
Oak Hill. Three days of adventure and a live soundtrack. Featuring Umphrey’s Mcgee, Big Something and more. Save $20 with WVGUIDE.
- May 30-June 2, 2019 – Blue & Grey Reunion
Philippi. Reenactment of the first land battle of the Civil War; weekend filled with family-friendly activities and walking history.
- June 1, 2019 – Taste of Parkersburg
Parkersburg. Savor the flavors of food, drinks and music from over a dozen local restaurants with more than 70 wines and craft brews.
- June 2-3, 2018 – North Mountain Arts Festival
Martinsburg. A premier arts and crafts festival showcasing regional artisans, live music and local heritage.
- June 7- 9, 2019 – Circa Blue Fest
Martinsburg. Great bluegrass, good friends and food with a four-day festival atmosphere.
- June 7-9, 2019 – 39th Annual Fostoria Glass Convention
Moundsville. Fostoria Glass Show and Sale. Premiere on Friday, 4-7 p.m. Glass Auction Saturday at 5 p.m. Flea market on Sunday at 8 a.m.
- June 8, 2019 – Bramwell Tour of Homes
Bramwell. Step back in time to see coal barons’ homes, costumed guides, music, food and more of the Gilded Age.
- June 7-8, 2019 – 2019 Almost Heaven BBQ Bash
Weston. West Virginia state barbeque championship. With samples, family activities, West Virginia crafters, Pig Mania, tours of the Asylum and a craft beer garden.
- June 21-23, 2019 – Mid-Ohio Valley Multi-Cultural Festival
Parkersburg. Outdoor international festival featuring music, dance, ethnic foods and marketplace.
- June 16-30, 2019 – FestivALL
Charleston. FestivALL is a 10-day multi-venue arts festival featuring music, art, theater, dance, family fun and more. Other major events take place outside of June.
- June 15, 2019 – West Virginia Spring Wine Festival
Crab Orchard. 21st Annual celebration of West Virginia’s finest wineries. Come enjoy wine tastings, live music, artisans and food vendors.
- June 16, 2019 – Hampshire Family Frontier Day
Capon Bridge. Ft. Edwards opening day. Living history at the home and for of Joseph Edwards. Relive the Colonial life and battles.
- June 20-23, 2019 – West Virginia State Folk Festival
Glenville. Each year Glenville takes on a marvelous change reminiscent of the old days. Traditional; music and crafts are featured.
- July 4, 2019 – Annual Shepherdstown Independence Day Parade and Community Picnic
Shepherdstown. Parade at 11 a.m.; followed by picnic from noon to 3 p.m. Activities for the kids. Food will be available or bring your own picnic lunch.
- July 5-28, 2019 – Contemporary American Theater Festival
Shepherdstown. An annual festival of five new plays by American playwrights, in rotating repertory, that deal with contemporary issues.
- July 11-13, 2019 – 53rd Pioneer Days
Marlinton. Homecoming-style festival with bluegrass music, fireman’s parade, pet and craft show and exhibits.
- July 11, 2019 – 4848 Festival
Snowshoe. Inaugural festival featuring 15 acts, offering more than 30 hours of live music. Snowshoe also offers a wide variety of summer outdoor recreation.
- July 25, 2019 – MountainFest Motorcycle Rally
Morgantown. Annual motorcycle rally and music festival that draws more than 50,00 people each year.
- July 26-27, 2019 – Blues, Brews & BBQ Festival
Marlinton. A mountain showcase of the regions best craft brews with some down-home, finger linkin’ barbeque and bluesy tunes.
- July 30-August 3, 2019 – Pickin’ in Parsons Bluegrass Festival
Parsons. Recently crowned the International Bluegrass Music Awards’ 2018 event of the year. All on the banks of the Cheat River.
- July 31-August 4, 2019 – Appalachian String Band Festival
Clifftop. Traditional and neo-traditional musicians from around the world head to Clifftop for great music and dance competitions.
- August 3-4, 2019 – Lewisburg Literacy Festival
Lewisburg. A celebration of creativity, ideas, and the written word. Talks, plays, movies, entertainment and kids programs. All free.
- August 10, 2019 – Rails & Ales Craft Beer Festival
Huntington. Enjoy craft beer and cider, live music, art and Huntington’s best cuisine at West Virginia’s premier craft-beer festival.
- August 17, 2019 – Italiano! Italian Festival
Huntington. A full day to celebrate all things Italian. Benefiting the Facing Hunger Foodbank Backpack Program.
- August 17, 2019 – Summer Wine and Brew Fest
Beverly. Say farewell to the summer with a relaxing outdoor evening of live music, craft beer, West Virginia wine, and local food.
- August 17-19, 2018 – African American Cultural Heritage Festival
Charles Town. Celebration of African-American heritage. Parades, bands, vendors, arts and crafts, food and more.
- August 18, 2018 – Garden Tour
Bluefield. “Through the Garden Gate” is a breathtaking summer garden tour featuring outdoor entertaining spaces and the art of tablescapes.
- August 18, 2018 – Honey Festival
Beckley. Celebrate National Honey Bee Day with live honey bee demos, displays, equipment and demo hives, activities and vendors.
- August 24, 2019 – Summersville Lake Lighthouse Festival & Car Show
Mount Nebo. Car show 10 a.m., West Virginia craft and food vendors, pet adoptions, music entertainment, Smoky the Bear and more. 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Labor Day Weekend 2019 – Jane Lew Arts and Crafts Festival
Jane Lew. More than 200 crafters selling glass, wood, leather, jewelry, dolls, baskets, soaps, candles, paintings, jams and jellies, plus much more.
- August 3-September 2, 2018 – Freefall
Snowshoe. Say goodbye to summer and hello to fall at this all-free music festival.
This post was last updated on March 18, 2022