Welcome Center Supervisor
The West Virginia Tourism Office is seeking a Lead Customer Service Representative for the West Virginia Welcome Center Interstate 79 in Morgantown. This position is exempt from the State Division of Personnel’s Classified Service. Samples of duties include:
- Promote West Virginia as a premier tourist destination.
- Supervise and work as a team member with other customer service representatives in staffing welcome center.
- Greet travelling public, assist in the creation of travel itineraries, lodging accommodations, driving directions/mileage, emergency situations (personal and mechanical), etc.
- Oversee and coordinate inventory of printed material/brochures. Assemble information for reorder and removing material that is obsolete. Ensure brochure racks are adequately stocked.
- Prepare monthly reports defining visitor counts, inventory, hotel reservations made and collect visitor demographic information through surveys.
- Assist and provide information to service employees and vending companies located at the Center.
- Attend training, conferences and meetings as required.
- Must have the ability to retrieve information electronically in performing research on various tourism related attractions and destinations.
- Position requires the ability to maintain a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers at all times.
At least six months full-time experience in customer service or experience in marketing a service/product that involves direct customer interaction is desirable. A high school diploma or the equivalent is required. Competitive pay and benefits. Some travel may be required.
Please email resumes to Kara Gillenwater at [email protected]