Welcome Center Supervisor
Inwood and Morgantown, WV
The West Virginia Tourism Office is seeking a Lead Customer Service Representative for the West Virginia Welcome Centers on Interstate 81 northbound in Inwood and Interstate 79 in Morgantown. These positions are exempt from the State Division of Personnel’s Classified Service. Samples of duties include:
- Promote West Virginia as a premier tourist destination.
- Supervise and work as a team member with other customer service representatives in staffing welcome center.
- Greet travelling public, assist in the creation of travel itineraries, lodging accommodations, driving directions/mileage, emergency situations (personal and mechanical), etc.
- Oversee and coordinate inventory of printed material/brochures. Assemble information for reorder and removing material that is obsolete. Ensure brochure racks are adequately stocked.
- Prepare monthly reports defining visitor counts, inventory, hotel reservations made and collect visitor demographic information through surveys.
- Assist and provide information to service employees and vending companies located at the Center.
- Attend training, conferences and meetings as required.
- Must have the ability to retrieve information electronically in performing research on various tourism related attractions and destinations.
- Position requires the ability to maintain a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers at all times.
At least six months full-time experience in customer service or experience in marketing a service/product that involves direct customer interaction is desirable. A high school diploma or the equivalent is required. Competitive pay and benefits. Some travel may be required.
Please email resumes to Kara Gillenwater at [email protected]