Welcome Center Customer Service Representative
Posted 7/3/2019, Updated 8/12/2019
The West Virginia Tourism Office is seeking aCustomer Service Representative for the West Virginia Welcome Center on Interstate 68 westbound in Hazelton. This position is exempt from the State Division of Personnel’s Classified Service. Samples of duties include:
- Promote West Virginia as a premier tourist destination.
- Greet travelling public, assist in the creation of travel itineraries, lodging accommodations, driving directions/mileage, emergency situations (personal and mechanical), etc.
- Assist with inventory of printed material/brochures.
- Assist with monthly reports defining visitor counts, inventory, hotel reservations made and collect visitor demographic information through surveys.
- Assist and provide information to service employees and vending companies located at the Center.
- Attend training, conferences and meetings as required.
- Must have the ability to retrieve information electronically in performing research on various tourism related attractions and destinations.
- Position requires the ability to maintain a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers at all times.
At least six months full-time experience in customer service or experience in marketing a service/product that involves direct customer interaction is desirable. A high school diploma or the equivalent is required. Competitive pay and benefits. Some travel may be required. Must be available to work weekends.
Please email resumes to Kara Gillenwater at [email protected]