Social Media Marketing Coordinator
The West Virginia Tourism Office is seeking a Social Media Marketing Coordinator to work with the Marketing & Public Relations team. The Social Media Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for the Tourism Office’s organic and paid social media strategies. Sample duties include:
- Craft and implement an organic social media strategy that aligns closely with paid media efforts and web content
- Produce a monthly content calendar for organic social that ties together trusted practices with creative ideas and executions
- Work closely on the Tourism Office’s paid social efforts, including the ability to watch ad performance and make necessary adjustments to optimize ad performance and generate a strong return on investment
- Critically analyze organic post performance and compile metrics to help drive future content and engagement across social channels and WVtourism.com
- Post daily on the Tourism Office’s social channels and engage with relevant user-generated content
- Demonstrate proficiency in Google Analytics and provide routine assessments on social-specific KPIs, identifying areas for growth
- Assist with the social-specific components of the Tourism Office’s cooperative advertising program, including paid partner ads and added value posts
- Responsible for the overall strategy behind blog content on WVtourism.com, most importantly, how that content can be transformed into actionable social posts
The successful candidate will have a minimum of one years of experience in social media marketing and demonstrate strong writing and organizational skills. A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in advertising, public relations, journalism, marketing, communications, or a related field is required.
The position will report to the Director of Marketing & Public Relations. The job is located at the capitol in Charleston and works full-time, regular business hours. Competitive pay and benefits. Some travel required.
Please email a cover letter, resume and sample one-week social media content plan for the West Virginia Tourism Office to Kara Gillenwater, Assistant to the Commissioner– [email protected]. Cover letters may be addressed to Commissioner Chelsea Ruby.