Social Media Coordinator
The West Virginia Tourism Office is seeking a Social Media Coordinator to work with the Marketing & Public Relations team. The Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for aligning the Tourism Office’s organic social media strategy with paid mediums and web content. Sample duties include:
- Oversee the organic social media strategy across all Tourism Office social accounts
- Daily posting and engagement with user-generated content on social media channels
- Responsible for actively monitoring the success of each post and making timely adjustments based on performance
- Ability to critically analyze post performance and compile metrics to help drive future content and engagement across social channels and WVtourism.com
- Plan and executive creative social media campaigns designed to accomplish specific goals, examples include National Plan for Vacation Day, West Virginia’s Birthday, etc.
- Assistance with the social-specific components of the Tourism Office’s cooperative advertising program, including paid partner ads and added value posts
- Responsible for the overall strategy behind blog content on WVtourism.com, most importantly, how that content can be transformed into actionable social posts
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in social media marketing and demonstrate strong writing and organizational skills. A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in advertising, public relations, journalism, marketing, communications, or a related field is required.
The position will report to the Director of Marketing & Public Relations. The job is located at the capitol in Charleston and works full-time, regular business hours. Competitive pay and benefits. Some travel required.
Please email a cover letter, resume and sample one-week social media content plan for the West Virginia Tourism Office to Kara Gillenwater, Assistant to the Commissioner– [email protected]. Cover letters may be addressed to Commissioner Chelsea Ruby.