The West Virginia Tourism Office seeks a Research Analyst to support its marketing and industry development efforts.
This position will be responsible for monitoring, tracking, and reporting key performance metrics, including but not limited to the following:
- Hotel occupancy
- Vacation rental occupancy
- Annual economic impact of state tourism industry
- Travel and Tourism employment data
- Overnight visitor surveys
- Image and advertising effectiveness surveys
- Performance of specific industries, i.e. whitewater rafting, ski
- Regional, national, and international travel trends
- State park visitation
- Other key performance indicators as identified
The successful candidate will also be expected to identify additional metrics, devise methods of tracking those metrics, and synthesize and contextualize them in reports.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Experience in market research or research/data analysis in a relevant industry desired
- Proficient in data processing, analysis and reporting strongly preferred. This includes building and maintaining databases, graphing data, creating slides and narrative documents that clearly communicate the insights and marketing recommendations.
- Experience and/or interest in learning new data tools and software.
- Proficient in in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills. Able to translate findings into digestible, insightful key findings for top-line reports and verbal explanations for ad hoc assignments.
- Ability to take ownership over projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with different teams and independently.
- Organized, detail oriented and excellent time management skills.
- Flexible with changing priorities.
- Demonstrated interest in the hospitality/tourism industry.
- Ability to travel on occasion to local training or seminars.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in market research and analysis as well as database management experience. A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required, and a master’s degree is preferred. Preference will be given to candidates with direct experience in the travel and tourism industry.
This position will report to the Director of Partner Program and work closely with the Visitor Services team, Marketing and Public Relations team, and Executive Team. The job is located at the State Capitol in Charleston and works full-time, regular business hours. Competitive pay and benefits. Some travel required.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] Cover letters may be addressed to Commissioner Chelsea Ruby.