Industry Partnerships Coordinator
Charleston, WV | Posted 7/28/2020
The West Virginia Tourism Office seeks an Industry Partnerships Coordinator to support its marketing and industry development efforts.
This position will be responsible for overseeing a variety of tourism marketing programs that support industry development in the sectors of food, music, arts and more. Same duties include, but are not limited to:
- Development of new industry programs that provide support for and grow West Virginia’s tourism industry in the sectors of food, music, arts and more.
- Organization of program logistics, timelines and executions across all four seasons.
- Serve as program lead and execute all necessary creative elements, including website copy, marketing ideas and innovative executions that promote these programs through the website, social media, and earned media activities.
- Monitor the progress of programs, maintain deadlines and propose adjustments to expand programs in future years.
- Monitor industry-wide trends and look for research that can help support and grow these cultural tourism programs.
- Ability to input key project details (timelines, milestones, feedback/review deadlines, creative deadlines, analytics) into the Tourism Office’s project management software.
- Assist with other industry partnerships and correspondence, including but not limited to weekly industry newsletters, monthly industry trainings, Governor’s Conference on Tourism.
In this role, we are seeking a self-starter who can work within timelines, have a vision for how programs can support partner needs and enhance communication between the Tourism Office and its industry partners. Additional knowledge and skills required include:
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize numerous projects and complete them under time constraints.
- Proficient in in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with different teams and independently.
- Organized, detail oriented and excellent time management skills.
- Flexible with changing priorities.
- Demonstrated interest in the hospitality/tourism industry.
- Ability to travel on occasion to local training or seminars.
A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as marketing, advertising, communications or business, is required.
This position will report to the Director of Partner Program and work closely with the Marketing and Public Relations and Executive teams. The job is located at the State Capitol in Charleston and works full-time, regular business hours. Competitive pay and benefits. Some travel required.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Cover letters may be addressed to Commissioner Chelsea Ruby.