Event Production Manager
The West Virginia Tourism Office is seeking an experienced event production manager to oversee and execute promotional event logistics and operations.
- Driving mobile event vehicle, Ford F250 pickup with attached 32’ Airstream, to every event
- Maintaining vehicle in clean, working order, including interior installations, and coordinating with vendors and suppliers as appropriate
- Supervising & assisting with footprint set-up and break-down
- Maintaining inventory of event properties and materials, including set up, breakdown, storage, and maintenance
- Adhering to all project requirements and deadlines
- Reporting all updates, changes and information to Tourism Office management and coordinating with agency partners
- Exerting and maintaining professional behavior in the field, motivating and encouraging your team and positively representing WVTO, its partners and the state at all events
- Ensuring a clean, well-maintained event footprint at all times
- Assisting with WVTO’s Call Center and Fulfillment Center
- Traveling to Welcome Centers to pick up and/or deliver inventory during non-event periods
- Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to answer tourist calls to 1-800-CALL-WVA, helping with fulfillment activities, handling mail runs, and making deliveries to state welcome centers
- One year event production experience
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 pounds.
- Proficient at driving tow vehicles and backing up trailers on foreign terrain and tight spaces
- Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain clean driving record
- Outgoing, friendly, able to represent the brand and state in a positive manner
- Natural problem solver, skilled at working with basic hand tools
- Flexible with changing priorities and event needs
- Available for in- and out-of-state travel for up to 10 days at a time
- Ability to travel frequently, especially during heavy event seasons.
This position is based at the capitol in Charleston and works full-time hours. Competitive pay and benefits. Travel expenses, including lodging, fuel, and per diem expenses, are paid directly or reimbursed by the Tourism Office.
Please email a resume to Kara Gillenwater, Administrative Assistant, at [email protected] Cover letters may be addressed to Commissioner Chelsea Ruby.