Join our team
Regional Industry Coordinators
Hiring for positions in Wheeling and Morgantown
The West Virginia Tourism Office is seeking two Regional Industry Coordinators in the Morgantown and Wheeling areas. These positions will split their time approximately 50 percent supervising Welcome Centers and 50 percent working with regional industry partners on behalf of the Tourism Office to promote regional coordination. Sample duties include:
- Coordinating schedules for welcome centers and supervising 2-4 employees per center
- Recruiting interns to work at welcome centers
- Suggest and help implement improvements to the visitor experience at welcome centers
- Attend partner events in the region to provide travel information
- Coordinate promotional efforts with partners in the region
- Organize and lead regional meetings to encourage unified messaging and asset management
- Travel to Charleston monthly to meet with Tourism Office leadership
- Participate in weekly conference calls with Tourism Office leadership and other regional coordinators
The successful candidate will have a minimum of one year’s experience working with the tourism industry in West Virginia as well as demonstrable customer service expertise. A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in marketing, communications, business, or a related field is required.
This position will report to the Director of Customer Service and work in close coordination with the Director of Public Relations as well as members of both the customer service and public relations teams.
The positions are located at the Morgantown Welcome Center and Wheeling Welcome Center and work full-time, regular business hours. The position in Morgantown will also supervise the Hazelton Welcome Center on I-68 near the Maryland border. Competitive pay and benefits. Some travel required.
Please email resume and cover letter to Lynda Keeney, Human Resources Specialist, at [email protected].
The West Virginia Tourism Office is seeking a Marketing Assistant to work with the Public Relations and Customer Service teams to assist with the development and implementation of outreach strategies. Sample duties include:
- Compose press releases, letters, editorials, blog posts, and other promotional pieces
- Respond to requests for information or images from media organizations
- Answer calls to 1-800-CALL-WVA and assist visitors and potential visitors with trip planning and log calls in customer database
- Greet tourists visiting the capitol campus and provide tour information
- Coordinate with industry partners scheduled to pick up or drop off promotional materials
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in public relations. A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in public relations, journalism, marketing, communications, or a related field is required.
The job is located at the capitol in Charleston and works full-time, regular business hours. Competitive pay and benefits. Some travel required.
Please email resume and cover letter to Lynda Keeney, Human Resources Specialist, at [email protected]ov.