Public Relations Assistant
The West Virginia Department of Tourism is seeking a Public Relations Assistant to work with the Marketing & Public Relations team. Sample duties and responsibilities include:
- Gain and demonstrate an intimate knowledge of the State of West Virginia, including major landmarks, attractions and events, to assist with crafting press pitches and itineraries.
- Work closely with members of the media to develop relationships and pitch West Virginia’s tourism industry as world-class.
- Build and maintain the Department of Tourism’s media contact list.
- Craft story ideas and press pitches for review and approval.
- Assist with managing influencer partnerships, including trip logistics and planning.
- Assist with the production of the Department of Tourism’s annual travel guide and other print collateral pieces, including copy editing, factchecking and image selection.
- Work closely with other members of the Marketing & Public Relations team to assist, as needed, on additional public relations campaigns, activations and projects.
The successful candidate will have experience in marketing, communications, public relations or a related field. A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in advertising, public relations, journalism, marketing, communications, or a related field is required.
Preference will be given to candidate who demonstrates a keen eye for detail, creativity and strong writing skills.
The position will report to the Deputy Secretary. The job is located at the capitol in Charleston and works full-time, regular business hours. Competitive pay and benefits. Some travel required.
Please email a resume to Perri Bone, Executive Coordinator at [email protected]. Cover letters may be addressed to Secretary Chelsea Ruby.