Must-See Spring Festivals
Mark your calender’s- you won’t want to miss these Almost Heaven springtime festivals!
- March 22-24: Montani Semper Liberi – Music & Art at Oak Glen Festival–You won’t want to miss this three-day celebration of music, the arts and Almost Heaven’s cultural heritage. Check out the amazing lineup here!
- April 4: BANFF Mountain Film Festival– Calling all movie enthusiasts! Head to Morgantown for the largest and most prestigious mountain film festival. Showcasing award winning films and audience favorites from more than 650 films entered from more than 50 countries, this is a festival you won’t want to miss!
- April 13: WV Chocolate Festival– You’re sure to have a sweet time during Ripley’s 12th annual Chocolate Festival. Celebrating chocolate in Almost Heaven since 2008, this chocolate filled festival will not disappoint!
- April 27: WV Craft Brew Festival– The WV Craft Brew Festival is taking over the WV State Fairgrounds! Featuring brewhouses from across West Virginia as well as food vendors serving brew-paired cuisine, beer-friendly games and live mountain music! Bring your lawn chair or blanket and spend a fun-filled day.
- April 27: Ramps and Rail Festival– Featuring one of Almost Heavens best seasonal eats, the Ramps and Rails Festival is must attend event! Held every year in Elkins WV, visitors can try out different ramp-themed foods, listen to live music, enjoy the craft vendors, and vote for their favorite vendors.
- April 29- May 4: New River Birding & Nature Festival– This bird and nature watching festival highlights more than 100 bird species on a variety of birding tours. This week- long event features guided birding and nature excursions, world-class speakers, the finest collection of guides, tasty food, and a back-porch atmosphere unmatched by any other birding festival.
- May 3-5: West Virginia Trout Fest– Calling all anglers! Head to Franklin, WV to take part in the 15th Annual West Virginia Trout Fest. The 3-day event will include a trout rodeo, fish fry dinner, boxcar derby, hard cider tasting, crafts and vendors, fish fly demonstrations, a 5k & kids’ run, church in the park, and more!
- May 15-19: WV Strawberry Festival– The West Virginia Strawberry Festival is a unique, traditional, and tasty celebration to honor the strawberry harvest.
- May 25-26: Wine and Jazz Festival– Head to this annual Snowshoe Mountain Festival celebrating the best of wine, food & jazz across the region.
- May 30-June 2: Mountain Music Festival– This is Appalachia’s destination music festival featuring outdoor adventure paired with your favorite music! Featuring over 25 bands, this is one festival you will not want to miss!
- June 14- 17: Ansted Hometown Festival– Head to Ansted, WV to experience the premier heritage festival in West Virginia. Activities include Coal Shoveling contest, Hometown 5-K Run, Flea Market, Kids Carnival, Heritage Demonstrations, Chainsaw Artist, Horseshoe Pitching Contest, Memorabilia Displays, Arts & Crafts Vendor Booths, and more!
- June 17- 23: Minco Music Heritage Festival– You won’t want to miss the Inaugural Minco Music Heritage Festival! Taking place in Keyser, WV this community Festival showcases a variety of Almost Heaven musical genres
For more spring events, check out our events calendar here!