WELCOME CENTER CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
BRUCETON MILLS, WV | POSTED 8/10/2020
The West Virginia Tourism Office is seeking a Customer Service Representative for the West Virginia Welcome Center on Interstate 68 Westbound in Bruceton Mills. This temporary position is for 1,000 hours/12 months and is exempt from the State Division of Personnel’s Classified Service. Samples of duties include:
- Promote West Virginia as a premier tourist destination.
- Greet travelling public, assist in the creation of travel itineraries, lodging accommodations, driving directions/mileage, emergency situations (personal and mechanical), etc.
- Assist with inventory of printed material/brochures.
- Assist with monthly reports defining visitor counts, inventory, hotel reservations made and collect visitor demographic information through surveys.
- Assist and provide information to service employees and vending companies located at the Center.
- Attend training, conferences and meetings as required.
- Must have the ability to retrieve information electronically in performing research on various tourism related attractions and destinations.
- Position requires the ability to maintain a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers at all times.
At least six months full-time experience in customer service or experience in marketing a service/product that involves direct customer interaction is desirable. A high school diploma or the equivalent is required. Competitive pay and some travel may be required. Must be available to work weekends.
Please email resumes to Kara Gillenwater at [email protected]. Applicants must specify in their cover letter and email the Welcome Center that they are applying to.