West Virginia Film Office
The West Virginia Film Office is operated by the West Virginia Tourism Office, a division of the West Virginia Department of Commerce, and is a member of the Association of Film Commissioners International (www.afci.org). AFCI is a non-profit, educational association and is the official professional organization for film commissions around the world that provide support services to the film industry.
The West Virginia Film Office supports commerce by recruiting motion picture, television and related media productions to select West Virginia as a place to conduct business.
- Administer the WV Film Industry Investment Act, an economic development tool designed to recruit film industry business prospects to conduct business in WV
- Connect business prospects to West Virginia’s workforce and business service providers
- Act as a liaison among business prospects and governmental agencies, communities and property owners
- Assist business prospects with mapping, augmented research and logistical and technical support; coordinate itineraries
- Provide media and additional support to business prospects as needed
- Provide the best direct contacts for location scouting and permit requirements in the areas where you wish to film.
- Work closely with the West Virginia Filmmakers Guild and their vast database to help get you the best crew for your project.
West Virginia Tourism Office
Building 3, Suite 100, State Capitol Complex
1900 Kanawha Boulevard, East, Charleston, WV 25305
firstname.lastname@example.org | (800) 225-5982