Digital Content Coordinator
The West Virginia Department of Tourism is seeking a Digital Content Coordinator to work with the Content Marketing team to assist with content creation, website management and email marketing.
- Develop and edit webpages using existing brand templates and content blocks in WordPress
- Create web content, utilizing excellent copywriting skills and an eye for branding aesthetics
- Monitor webpage performance using tools such as Google Analytics and make optimizations based on results
- Oversee consistency across digital executions, including layouts, visual components and branded language
- Develop search engine optimization (SEO) strategies that increase the company’s search engine results rankings
- Write and create brand blog content to be shared on social media, using a content marketing, results-focused strategy
- Manage email marketing campaigns, including creating and sending branded content
- Learn and implement digital best practices, testing new tools and strategies
- Assist with campaign creation and creative brainstorming efforts across all marketing platforms
The successful candidate will have a minimum of one year of experience in marketing, media or a related field, as well as experience with web content and excellent copywriting abilities. A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in marketing, advertising, media, design or a related field is required.
The position will report to the Content Marketing Manager. The job is located at the capitol in Charleston and works full-time regular business hours. Competitive pay and benefits. Some travel required.
Please email a resume and cover letter to Perri Bone, Executive Coordinator – Perri.K.Bone@wv.gov. Cover letters may be addressed to Tourism Secretary Chelsea Ruby.