Cooperative Advertising Coordinator
The West Virginia Department of Tourism is seeking a Cooperative Advertising Coordinator to work with the Marketing & Public Relations team. Sample duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage the Department of Tourism’s cooperative advertising program, which includes the following:
- Working directly with industry partners on their advertising strategy
- Collecting and reviewing advertising assets to ensure they align with brand and program standards
- Sending ads to tourism industry partners for review and approval
- Managing overall program deadlines
- Work closely with Department of Tourism’s advertising agencies of record to plan, develop and execute seasonal cooperative advertising opportunities for tourism industry partners.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of traditional forms of advertising (TV, radio, out-of-home, print) and non-traditional forms of advertising (email, influencer marketing).
- Plan and host webinars and trainings with tourism industry partners to grow participation of the cooperative advertising program.
- Assist with the design and development of cooperative ads, including but not limited to copy writing, image selection and ad proofing.
- Oversight on seasonal cooperative advertising budgets, including coordination with Administration team on monthly partner statements and seasonal invoices.
- Ability to work closely with other members of the Marketing and Public Relations team to execute advertisements and manage partner relationships.
- Ability to understand creative feedback and take direction, while still maintaining the Department of Tourism’s brand standards.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 1 years’ experience in marketing, communications, public relations or a related field. A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in advertising, public relations, journalism, marketing, communications, or a related field is required.
Preference will be given to candidate who demonstrates a keen eye for detail, organization, strong writing and creative design.
The position will report to the Deputy Secretary. The job is located at the capitol in Charleston and works full-time, regular business hours. Competitive pay and benefits. Some travel required.
Please email a resume to Perri Bone, Executive Coordinator at [email protected]. Cover letters may be addressed to Secretary Chelsea Ruby.