The West Virginia Department of Tourism is seeking a Content Manager to work with the Marketing & Public Relations team. Sample duties and responsibilities include:
- Oversee and manage content creation for WVtourism.com, including but not limited to web page design, featured pages, blog posts, etc.
- Create and manage monthly content calendar to be shared and executed across website, blog, email marketing and social media.
- Curate content for the Department of Tourism’s email marketing campaigns, including content creation, photography selection, and audience segmentation.
- Craft seasonal marketing content plans and strategies that align with ongoing paid media efforts.
- Stay up to date on industry trends and propose new ideas and executions for storytelling content across the Department of Tourism’s organic content platforms.
- Assist with the review and implementation of brand standards across all content platforms.
- Monitor and analyze performance analytics and make recommendations for content optimizations.
- Demonstrate strong writing skills for various audience segments across web, email and social platforms.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to evaluate projects, create action items, and execute plans for tangible outcomes
- Ability to take ownership over projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with different teams and independently
- Organized, detail oriented and excellent time management skills
- Ability to travel around the state during work hours and occasionally on longer trips for conferences and seminars
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient in in Google Suite products or equivalent
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in marketing, communications, public relations or a related field. A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in advertising, public relations, journalism, marketing, communications, or a related field is required.
Preference will be given to candidate who demonstrates a keen eye for detail, visual design and storytelling.
The position will report to the Deputy Secretary. The job is located at the capitol in Charleston and works full-time, regular business hours. Competitive pay and benefits. Some travel required.
Please email a resume to Perri Bone, Executive Coordinator at [email protected]. Cover letters may be addressed to Secretary Chelsea Ruby.