The West Virginia Department of Tourism is seeking an Accounting Coordinator to assist the Finance and Administration team. This individual would carry out both accounting and administrative roles.
This position will be responsible for communicating with vendors, preparing invoices for payment, processing invoices for payment, as well as reconciling invoices against purchase authorizations for all media and advertising purchases. Processing employee travel reimbursement and basic day to day invoices. They will help manage the fleet vehicle and related expenses to ensure everything is up to date.
They will support the Director of Finance with accounting work as needed and complete other basic administrative tasks as needed such as filing, back scanning, following the retention policy.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Organized, detail-oriented and excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting procedures
- Ability to take ownership over projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with different teams and independently
- Flexible with changing priorities
- Ability to travel occasionally for conferences and seminars
- Proficiency in on wvOASIS or similar enterprise accounting software strongly preferred
- Experience and/or interest in learning new data tools and software
- Proficient in in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint or Google Suites
The successful candidate will have experience in bookkeeping or accounts payable work. Preference will be given to candidates with an associate’s degree or further education. This position is located at the capitol in Charleston and works full-time, regular business hours. Competitive pay and benefits. Some travel required.
Please email a resume to Perri Bone, Executive Coordinator, at Perri.K.Bone@wv.gov. Cover letters may be addressed to Secretary Chelsea Ruby.