2017 Governor’s Conference
The Governor’s Conference on Tourism provides an opportunity for West Virginia tourism industry partners to come together to find new and innovative ways to promote West Virginia as a world-class travel and tourism destination. Sessions are designed to provide partners with educational and training opportunities on the latest travel trends and issues in the tourism industry, as well as dedicated time to network and collaborate on ways to work together to showcase West Virginia on a local, regional and national scale.
The following reflects information from the 2017 Governor’s Conference on Tourism. Details on the 2018 Conference will be forthcoming.
Below you will find links to this year’s conference presentations. Please let us know if you would like additional information on any other conference topics.
Understanding Tourism’s Economic Impact
Know the Numbers, Especially in the Digital Age
The Plan & Path Forward
Cooperative Advertising: The Nuts & Bolts
2017 Stars of the Industry Award Recipients
- Best Broadcast: Fly Rod Chronicles — Curtis Fleming
- Best Overall Advertising Campaign: New River Gorge CVB
- Best Overall Marketing Campaign: Hardy County CVB
- Best Print Article: Charleston CVB — “Why you should visit Charleston, West Virginia”
- Best Print/Photography Layout: Blue Ridge Country Magazine
- Best Social Media: The Clay Center for the Arts & Sciences
- Best Website: Greenbrier County CVB
- Spirit of West Virginia: Smooth Ambler Spirits
- Mountain State Award: Bridge Day
- WV Community Tourism Development Award: Coal River Group
- The Oshel Craigo Lifetime Achievement Award: Donna Briggs
- Tourism Professional of the Year: Kara Dense
- Governor’s Award for Regional Cooperation: Hatfield-McCoy Regional Recreation Authority
Congratulations to all of this year’s award recipients!
Conference Evaluation Form
Your feedback is valuable to us. Take a brief survey to evaluate your experience at the 2017 Governor’s Conference on Tourism. We appreciate your participation, as it will help us plan for future events.